Your privacy is important to us so please familiarize yourself with our privacy practices
Our head office is at 4116 50th Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta, T2B 2T7. We are incorporated in Alberta and our Corporate Access Number is: 2014328567. Our Canadian Business Number is: 827729294 RT0001.
Collection of Information
Elevate processes your personal information to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and we do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, fill out a form, participate in a promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, provide any contact or identifying information or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, information about your campaigns, donors and donations, and any other information you choose to provide.
We do not collect any payment card data directly. If you make a purchase through our Services, all payment card data is collected and processed by First Data/TD Canada Trust Payment Gateway. They use the data for credit card authorization and fraud detection only.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We take your privacy very seriously and other than to provide our services and as described in this notice, we will never disclose or share your data without your consent; unless we are required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
- We collect your personal data to provide the auction and other services you are experiencing This also ensures that any funds you give to our Charity partners are collected and any items you purchase are sent out to your preferred address by our auction item suppliers.
- Our email and SMS providers use your personal data to keep you updated on the progress of the event, auction or campaign in which you are taking part.
- We may automatically review your data alongside others in order for us to build a general picture of how people behave when using our technology. This will not reference any sensitive data or result in any automated decision-making.
- Where you consent, we will occasionally contact you for specific promotional purposes that we genuinely think you will be interested in, such as other auction prizes similar to those that you have showed interest in and other similar charities too.
- Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. However, note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you and the purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to correct it as quickly as possible.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; to exercise your data portability rights, and to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use. If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we will ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. As well as sharing your data with our Charity partner for each auction, we use some third-parties to provide the services and business functions below; all our processors acting on our behalf process your data in accordance with our instructions and they comply fully with this privacy notice and the data protection laws.
Where we are processing your data for these purposes, we will share it with:
- Stripe Payments Canada Ltd: We use Stripe for taking payment; they are payment experts and they will process your payment seamlessly and securely; see their privacy notice https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
- Twilio. We use for sending SMS notifications relating to auction activities and payments.
- Microsoft Azure. A global company who provides hosting for our internet services.
- First Data. Alternative to Stripe for taking payment. Global leader in commerce-enabling technology and solutions.
Where you have successfully bid for an auction item, we will share your details with our auction item supplier in order that you may redeem your winning item.
We take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have security measures in place, including:
- Encryption in the case of physical theft or loss
- Encryption when sending over public networks to prevent interception or tampering
- Up to date security software to prevent malware and external threats
- Strict permission controls to ensure access only by authorized persons
How Long We Keep Your Data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
Where you have taken part in an auction or another one of our services, we will keep your data for a period of 3 years for accounting purposes and in order that we can reference the event for you, for the Charity involved or for ourselves. Where you have purchased an item, we are required under tax laws to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Transfer of information
Occasionally, we would like to contact you about other auctions, auction items, charities or new services that we are providing and we think will be of genuine interest to you. If you consent to us using your contact details for these purposes, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out/unsubscribe options or by contacting us directly.
We process your personal information in order to enable us to provide you with our products and services in a workable, proper and professional manner.
We will very occasionally send you product or service updates by email that have been identified as being beneficial to our customers and in our interests. Such information will be relevant to you as a customer and is non-intrusive and you will always have the option to opt-out/unsubscribe at any time.
Lodging A Complaint
We only process your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, please contact us at:
Elevate Auctions Inc.
4116 50 Avenue SE
Calgary, Alberta, T2B 2T7